W-POWER IRISH THEMATIC EVENT
Inspiring plenary sessions, informative workshops and targeted 1:1 matchmaking meetings. The event promises knowledge gain, peer exchange and new business contacts.
This 3 day programme will take place from the 23rd - 25th March 2021 with the aim of providing valuable skills and knowledge to female entrepreneurs and stakeholders from all regions associated with the W-Power project: Finland, Iceland, Ireland, Scotland (including the Shetlands), Sweden & Canada while also facilitating networking and matchmaking which, in today's COVID-19 world, has become increasingly more difficult.
- Develop your Networking Skills: How to otpimise your approach and maximise the value from networking
- Peer Networks - why it is so important to be part of peer networking groups, what is peer to peer networking and what types of networks are there
- Role Models: Why Female Entrepreneur Role Models are so crucial - learn from experience of using role models
- Creating Emotional Connections via Branding & Digital Storytelling
- Training-as-a-Product: How to commercialise your own know-how and experience - creating additional income streams
As an entrepreneur:
- Learn valuable and practical skills from our experts
- Gain in-depth knowledge from our panel discussions and learn more about supports
- Connect and network with fellow female entrepreneurs and stakeholders from W-Power countries in the one-to one meetings
As a stakeholder:
- Upskill and learn about best practices
- Take advantage of the capacity building activities
- Network with entrepreneurs and other stakeholders from the regions
How can you benefit from this event?
In addition to the above you can also benefit from the opportunity to:
- Publish and showcase your products, projects, services or business needs to event participants
- Initiate and arrange promising pre-scheduled 1:1 meetings at the event based around your industry, topics of interests, or other criteria
The match-making event brings together entrepreneurs, companies and stakeholders from a large number of European countries (and Canada). This is a unique opportunity to generate new business contacts and contracts. W-Power hopes that you take full advantage of this opportunity to meet fellow female entrepreneurs and stakeholders. Meetings will take place in a dedicated area and will be arranged in advance by means of this website.
What is W-Power?
W-Power aims to achieve equal growth and an increase in the contribution of women to regional economies in sparsely populated Northern and Arctic communities, as women leaving the North is one of the main challenges to the region. All project partner regions suffer from similar challenges caused by peripherality, which makes for a strong argument for transnational cooperation. The Project makes a difference for rural businesses by providing transnational learning and capacity building possibilities, but also by creating new business concepts and support mechanisms. W-Power assists in the creation of new start-ups, helps them to take the next step of maturity from start-up, and supports the growing phase of existing SME´s. In addition, business advisory bodies will get new tools for gender-sensitive coaching and diversity management.
Current partners on the project come from Ireland, Finland, Iceland, Sweden, Scotland & Canada.